This is why no one in the United States is interested in the club

Etienne cannot find an American investor despite the transfer of almost all of Italian football to funds, star businessmen and celebrities.

When the accounts are good and the debt is virtuous, investors come from all over the world and especially from the United States. A few days ago, Atalanta was acquired by a consortium of entrepreneurs and star urban planners led by Stephen Pagliuca. Acquisition of 55% of the shares of the parent company Dea, with a very high stake, the remaining 45% remained in the hands of the Percassi family and remained in senior management in a joint governance in which Pagliuca holds the position of co -President . Atalanta are a model club, certainly the most profitable in Serie A, and in recent years, when the Italian football system was mired in a sporting and economic crisis, it went against the tide, proving its resilience even in times of pandemic.

Catania After making this assumption and looking at the history of Catania with a magnifying glass, one wonders why no American investor has yet been interested in Etna. We found the answer. This assumption must first be made: US investors are attracted to the company’s large margins, so the commitment of those in charge is not absorbed by settling losses, but can be focused on resources and future development projects.

Saviour” – At the bedside of a dying Catania and her crippled debts, the benevolent American was there. As everyone has known for a while, it was the investor Joe Takobina who, in March last year, put 600,000 euros to allow the payment of part of the debt pending the acquisition of ‘Etna a few days later. Who would an investor put money into such a risky venture? But Tacopina made him eager to rebuild the Etna club and was driven by a Sicilian passion. It was Joe’s only lifeline, but after long and grueling negotiations, complete with an initial signed and then torn up purchase contract, the Italian-American lawyer was tired of endless backtracking with SIGI (the company that owns of the club). Ferrara, where he will obviously not find the baroque charm of Catania but certainly more serious and transparent managers. The responsibility for this fatal outcome of Operation Tacopina lies with SIGI, which pushed Catania into the abyss of historic failure after 75 years of history.

give a picture – An insult to the insult, too. Yes, because the damage to Catania Calcio’s image has been enormous. The process with Tacopina has gone wrong from an accounting and image point of view, it has spread around the world as in the world of global communications, and the flapping of wings at Aci Castello has immediate effects as well in China after a few minutes. What I learned from Itasportpress.itThe Tacopina affair found its place in American newspapers but especially in the New York offices of wealthy stars and striped businessmen. It was pointed out in the United States that for the first time an American investor lost money without owning the club, let alone having the possibility of influencing the decision-making processes. That’s why from the United States, no one is interested in Catania anymore. Thank you Sigi for failing Catania twice.

Comments are closed.